The selection process for the Life Systems Biology Graduate Program- levels of Master’s, Doctorate and Doctorate Direct, happens 3 times a year, usually in the months of March-April, August and November.
It is mandatory that the candidate be proficient in English, which must be proven according to the norms published in the Call for Applications/Edital.
The entry process consists of project presentation followed by a discussion with the exam board. Candidates for Doctorate will also be evaluated in text comprehension of a scientific abstract.
The Call for Registration for the Selection process will be available in Portuguese through this site: www.biologiadesistemas.com.br/ingresso/processo-seletivo/
The call will contain additional information on documents required for registration, proofs, payment of fees, dates of tests and validity of the approval in the selection process.
Typically, you´ll need:
1) Proof of proficiency in English
2) Copy of Passport with the Visa
3) Copy of Birth Certificate
4) Copy of official undergraduate Course Transcript with grades; if applying for the PhD program, the transcript for the Master´s course as well.
5) Copy of the thesis proposal project (written jointly with the potential advisor)- 10 pages maximum
6) Leter of acceptance by the future advisor.
7) Copy of Undergraduate diploma (also the Master´s diploma for PhD candidates). If the original diploma is not in
English or Spanish, it must be accompanied by a certified translation.
8) Copy of Master´s Thesis (for PhD candidates)